Forest Stewardship Council ®
Why should you choose FSC® certified paper?
Trying to do the right thing and buying responsibly produced products can be confusing. Choosing the ‘FSC way’ makes it easy to make the right choice when buying printed products.
Why was FSC® certified paper created?
Forests provide us with clean water, fresh air, food, medicine, timber and paper, they also help combat global warming. If managed responsibly, forests and plantations benefit forest people and the global community. However, in some countries as much as 80% of the timber is harvested illegally. This often involves violation of human rights and destruction of protected forests.
This is why FSC certified paper is the only forest certification system that is supported by all major environmental groups.
The range of FSC certified paper products grows every day. Today, almost every product is available in FSC certified paper quality and generally they are not more expensive than non-certified products, but often better quality.
Here is why choosing FSC® certified paper makes a difference:
FSC certified paper prohibits conversion of natural forests or other habitat around the world
- FSC certified paper prohibits the use of highly hazardous pesticides around the world
- FSC certified paper prohibits the cultivation of genetically modified trees
- FSC certified paper respects the rights of indigenous people around the world
- FSC certified paper each certified operation at least once a year – and if they are found not to comply, the certificate is withdrawn
- PlatinumHPL were awarded FSC certification in 2009 and we look forward to helping you make the right choice when you place your next order with us.