Forest Stewardship Council®
Why should you choose FSC® certified paper?
Trying to do the right thing and buying responsibly produced products can be confusing. Choosing the ‘FSC way’ makes it easy to make the right choice when buying printed products.
Why was FSC® certified paper created?
Forests provide us with clean water, fresh air, food, medicine, timber and paper, they also help combat global warming. If managed responsibly, forests and plantations benefit forest people and the global community. However, in some countries as much as 80% of the timber is harvested illegally. This often involves violation of human rights and destruction of protected forests.
This is why FSC certified paper is the only forest certification system that is supported by all major environmental groups.
The range of FSC certified paper products grows every day. Today, almost every product is available in FSC certified paper quality and generally they are not more expensive than non-certified products, but often better quality.
Here is why choosing FSC® certified paper makes a difference:
- FSC certified paper prohibits illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products
- FSC certified paper prohibits the violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations
- FSC certified paper prohibits the destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations
- FSC certified paper prohibits the significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use
- FSC certified paper prohibits the introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations
- FSC certified paper prohibits the violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work,1998