PlatinumHPL believes that responsible ethical and professional business practice should be central to all our operations and day to day business activities.
Our Mission is to continue to improve our standing as a leading supplier of print and print related services by providing the highest standards in terms of quality and customer service with as little impact as possible on the environment.
We recognise that responsible business practice and true professionalism can help to penetrate new markets and achieve total customer confidence. PlatinumHPL works to the highest standards. We are Pantone accredited and have achieved ISO 9001-2000 quality accreditation, FSC® Forest Stewardship Council Chain of supply Certification and are working towards becoming carbon neutral.
PlatinumHPL is innovative in achieving the highest industry accreditation standards and has invested heavily in the latest hi-tech environmentally friendly printing equipment.
We fully understand that continuity of supply requires a motivated contented and skilled workforce with minimum staff turnover who are used to working in a team environment. We endeavour to provide ongoing training, fair personnel policies and excellent working conditions that contribute to a committed conscientious workforce.
By operating a highly efficient, hi-tech, safe, environmentally friendly printing operation that is supported by ISO product quality and environmental accreditation, our high standards will endeavour to protect our customer’s reputation within their market place to both their clients and shareholders. We endeavour to have good working relationships by communicating both openly and honestly at all times.
We have excellent long term relationships with our suppliers to whom we communicate our core values. We only deal with companies who take a responsible position in terms of ethical dealings, human rights, health and safety and environmental issues.
We recognise that print is a high risk source to the environment in terms of damaged forests through paper products and waste chemical pollution. PlatinumHPL is an example to both our own industry and that of other manufacturing sectors by achieving FSC® Forest Stewardship Council Chain of Custody and working towards becoming Carbon Neutral.
Health and Safety is of paramount importance and is central to all our business operations. No employee, neighbour, or the public will be exposed to unacceptable risks. Management ensure that all employees are aware of the legal requirements of the Safety at Work act and are educated in Health and Safety procedures, safe working is a condition of employment.
- Customer satisfaction is paramount to the success of our business and our systems are structured to provide the highest levels in terms of both quality and service.
- All work is produced to ISO 9001-2000 system quality.
- Clients receive customer satisfaction questionnaires which provide us with relevant information which ensures that the highest standards are maintained.
- We operate the very best in management information systems and we are able to provide our customers with any job related information that they require instantly at the push of a button.
- We strive to provide our customers with the very best in terms of quality, price, speed of turnaround and the highest industry standards are applied throughout our business operations. We believe our drive for continual improvement will help us to achieve continual growth and maintain our market position as a leading supplier of print.
- Our workforce is vital to the success of our business.
- We acknowledge that we all spend a great deal of our lives at work therefore our workforce should be happy and fulfilled in their working lives.
- We operate a comprehensive training policy both external and internal that ensures our employees have the necessary skills to operate as part of a highly skilled team that works to the highest standards.
- The company believes in equal opportunities and is none discriminating.
- We aim to treat people fairly and welcome job opportunities from all sections of the community.
- We encourage people to improve themselves and existing employees are considered for promotion before external advertising.
- The company complies with its obligations under the disability discrimination act.
- As a business, we believe in sourcing goods and services from suppliers who operate in an ethical way and we hope that people we work with share our aspirations.
- It is important to us to build and maintain good working relationships with our suppliers and as such it is our policy to settle invoices close to the end of the month following the month of invoicing.
- We value feedback about our services and communications and recognise the right of our suppliers to make a compliment, complaint or suggestion about our services and processes.
Our Neighbours and the Wider Community
- PlatinumHPL draws on 20 successful trading years experience to continue to achieve sustainable growth and maintain our position as a leading supplier of print.
- We support the local economy through recruitment and procurement practices.
- We work closely with local charitable organisations, helping in a number of ways including;
- Buying print finishing services from disability action employers.
- Sponsoring print for different charitable fundraising events.
- Staff get involved by taking part in fund raising activities and volunteering in their spare time to help support local groups.
- Support for local schools, is also a priority;
- We offer work experience to pupils of all the local secondary schools.
- We donate paper off cuts and end of line grades to the local primary schools.
- We do guided tours for all local schools and colleges offering an insight into the world of print.
PlatinumHPL takes its environmental responsibilities very seriously and recognises that the printing industry can have a massive influence on the environment and importantly how the world’s forests are managed. The Forest Stewardship Council, is a none profit making organisation, that sets standards on how the world’s forests are managed and maintained. There are currently 91 million hectares of forest worldwide that are managed and certified to FSC® standards. Half the worlds commercial timber is needed to make paper products and the paper industry can be hugely influential. By using and specifying FSC® certified paper our customers both large and small can be confident that they are not contributing to the damage or destruction of ancient forests or jeopardising wildlife or the future of people who live in them.
FSC® Forest Stewardship Council Chain of custody certification tells our customers that the wood in a paper product is from a certified forest or controlled source or recycled. The chain of custody is audited by an independent FSC® accredited third party at regular intervals. Every link in the supply chain from the forest to paper mill to paper merchant and then finally to us the printer needs their own chain of custody certificate. Each certificate has a unique number and this number must appear on product labels and invoices.
Our systems are externally audited.
Our customers can benefit by our FSC® certification by having permission to print the acronym, FSC®, or tree tick logo which will add value to their printed products and demonstrates their own environmental concerns are taken seriously.
PlatinumHPL aims to be a first class supplier, employer and neighbour. We are fully committed to minimising the effect our manufacturing processes have on the environment and with this in mind we have recently undertaken the process of measuring our Carbon Footprint with the aim of becoming Carbon Neutral.
Health and Safety
Safe working is a contractual condition of working at PlatinumHPL and is detailed in the Health & Safety policy.
To facilitate the observance of this policy the following procedures apply:
- All machinery is serviced and maintained at regular intervals, under maintenance contracts where applicable.
- All electrical appliances are tested annually by competent engineers to ensure that they are safe.
- All machinery is used only when the appropriate guards are in position and correctly working, at no time is machinery used by untrained employees without supervision.
- Training of employees is documented for each individual item of machinery and each employee.
- All hazardous substances are stored in the metal cabinets provided, care is taken to keep aisles between benches, desks and machines free from obstruction.
- A Fire procedure is in force in the building, the conditions of which are followed at all times. The employees are made aware of these conditions and escape routes are pointed out to staff and a fire drill conducted at least once a year. Fire warning systems are checked weekly and documented, we operate a No Smoking Policy, and paper waste is stored at least 10 metres from the building reducing fire risk.
All our procedures and operating of equipment are Risk Assessed regularly and we maintain formal documented Risk Assessments. All accidents no matter how minor are reported and documented. First Aid Kits are provided in various areas, they are regularly checked and re-stocked and all shift workers and 2 office workers are Appointed First Aiders.